Everest Basecamp Trek
The adventure of a lifetime! The Everest Basecamp Trek a journey for those whose dreams for high mountains. Miles from city crowd, convenience, and daily comforts. You will saturate your spirit in natural beauty and stretch your personal endurance beyond what you thought was possible. The trip starts from stirring mountain flight to Lukla and once you step down that altitude, the rest is history carved in your memories. This trek takes you to Namche ’Gateway to Everest’ and walks from there is just fantastic. You will see quiet monasteries, meet Nepali Sherpas and view their culture and lifestyle. Sagarmatha National park on the way is home to some rare flora and fauna.
As you travel alongside other thrill seekers from all over the world, you will see Cho-yu, Lhotse and Makalu, 3 of the Earth’s tallest peak. The other Himalayas visible during the trek are Nuptse, Thamseru, Khumbu and Amadablam (Mt. Everest) itself.
At Everest base camp with ample to marvel the dramatic scenery of Khumbu Icefalls and glaciers Lo-La and Nuptse Located with towering peaks of Mt. Everest South face.
- Distance – 130 km
- Starting point – Lukla 2,845 meters
- Finishing point – Lukla Airport
- Highest point – 5,364 m
- Total elevation gain – 4500 meters (14,763 feet)
- Total elevation loss – 2000 meters
- Accommodation – guesthouses
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,350m/4,428ft).
Day 2: Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation.
Day 3: Fly to Lukla, trek to Phakding (2,651 m/8,700ft): 40 minutes flight; 8km, 3-4 hours trek.
Day 4: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,438 m/11,280 ft): 11km, 5-6 hours.
Day 5: Acclimatization Day – Namche Bazaar: (3,440 m/11,284ft).
Day 6: Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3,870 m/12,694ft): 10km, 5-6 hours.
Day 7: Tengboche to Dingboche (4,360 m/14,300 ft): 9km, 5-6 hours.
Day 8: Dingboche: Acclimatization.
Day 9: Dingboche to Duglha (4,600 m/15,090 ft): 4km, 3-4 hours.
Day 10: Duglha to Lobuche (4940 m/16,207 ft): 4km, 2-4 hours.
Day 11: Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5170 m/16,961ft), visit Everest Base Camp (5,364 m/17,594 ft): 13km, 6-7 hours.
Day 12: Gorak Shep to Kala Patthar (5,545 m/18,192ft) to Pherice (4,288 m/14,070ft): 16km, 7-8 hours.
Day 13: Pheriche to Namche Bazaar (3,440 m/11,280 ft): 20km, 6-7 hours.
Day 14: Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2,860 m/9,186ft): 19km, 6-7 hours.
Day 15: Fly to Kathmandu.
Day 16: Final departure.
Best Season: pre-monsoon (February, March, April, and May) and post-monsoon (late September, October, November, and December)
What is Included
- Airport pick-up and drop-off service
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System)
- Trekking Guide and Trekking porter
- Round-trip flight fare for Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu
- Accommodation during the trekking
- Thamel Park Hotel or similar hotel in Kathmandu (2 nights)
- Sleeping bags
- Trekking sticks
- Trekking permit for the national park
- Insurance and equipment for the trekking staff
- First aid kit
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu with cultural program in a typical Traditional Nepali restaurant
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel Insurance Company
What is Excluded
- Personal expenses
- Nepal Visa fee
- Lunch, dinner, bottle water, drinks, beverages, hot shower
- Extra accommodation in Kathmandu
- Tips for the guide and porter
- No refund/changes within 8 days prior to the departure date based on the tour operator’s timezone.
- 9-17 days prior to the departure date – 50.00% Refund
- 18-26 days prior to the departure date – 75.00% Refund
- 27 days or more prior to the departure date – 100.00% Refund
- We believe in good service. Guests satisfaction is our motto. Guests can choose their departure dates by themselves.
- Depending on your arrival time, your hotel room may not be available until the afternoon. Most hotels allow check-in between 1:00pm-3:00pm, however some charge a fee for early check-in. Please check at the hotel desk to see if you may store your luggage at the hotel if you wish to explore the city on your own before check-in.
This tour/activity is overseen by a select local operator in the region. Upon booking your tour or activity and after receiving confirmation, you will be issued an e-ticket detailing the local operator’s name and contact information. If you require assistance finding a specific tour, please contact us for more information.
Your reservation is always subject to confirmation by email, normally within one to two business days.